- The Big Beaver Falls Area School District has been recognized as an "Overachiever" for the past eight years by the Pittsburgh Business Times for exceeding academic expectations considering economic background. The district was ranked third in 2008, second in 2009, 2014, & 2015, and first in 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013.
- In 2009 and 2013, the BBFASD achieved a Bronze rating in U.S. News and World Reports, a nationwide public high school ranking based on academic performance levels on state math and reading tests that exceed expectations based on poverty level and proficiency rates for economically disadvantaged students.
- The District continues our Pre-Kindergarten Education Program to service our community’s 4 year old children and strengthen their early literacy foundation.
- The District participates in the county’s Regional Choice Initiative (RCI) which enables our students to take advantage of neighboring high school course options such as AP Physics, as well as the ability to access courses through videoconferencing (such as Mandarin Chinese, various languages, and other AP courses).
- Students within our high school (grades 11-12) are eligible to earn college level credits through our Dual Enrollment Program with local colleges and universities.
- The Big Beaver Falls Area School District provides one to one computing within all secondary level classrooms and smart technology within every elementary building.
- The Big Beaver Falls Area School District was invited to showcase advanced technology initiatives utilized throughout the district at the National School Boards Association Technology & Learning Conference.
- The Big Beaver Falls Area School District has partnered with the Community College of Beaver County to offer an Aviation Academy for our high school students.